Saturday, February 4, 2012

Gothy Incognito

Yesterday I had to go out while keeping a lower profile. The aliens are still out there, doncha know. So I went in disguise! This is advised when you have to visit snooty relatives or acquaintances that you don't want to annoy, are putting in job applications, or when you just don't feel like going to the effort of getting pimped out in all your gothy glory. This is normal and perfectly acceptable, and your Goth Card will not be revoked, because it happens to everyone.

Whenever I dress less ostentatiously, I feel like I'm in disguise. I don't lose my hipstery-artiste vibe, but I feel less awesome. However I liked my outfit yesterday. I might wear it again sometime, but with more personal touches. Also, my eye-makeup gives me away. No Mata Hari here, I'm afraid.





Oh, dear. Z is off her meds again. I really, REALLY need a haircut. This is getting ridiculous. Beware, children. If you have a deathhawk, you need to maintain it. Otherwise, it could end up flopping over, growing out, and looking like this. Let that be a lesson to you all.


I was basically wearing a black tank, a grey and white stripey button-up, and some nicely-fitted boot cut jeans stuffed up into my baby combat boots. Plus accessories. I like to stuff my non-skinny jeans into my boots. It gives off kind of a punky militaristic vibe.


My baby combat boots. Ain't they purdy? I wear these when I want something more understated than my giant stompy ones. Also, much love for the old-fashioned bicycle necklace. Check out Forever 21 sometime, because they often have adorable jewelry like this. And it's CHEAP! Anyway, if you're going out disguised as an under-the-radar hipster punk hobo, be sure to add something that at least alludes to the fact that you were once a cute, happy person. Otherwise you might scare people.



Here I am pretending I am a heroine in a 1950's Biblical epic. I lurv my scarf. I wasn't much of a scarf person before, but lately I've been finding more and more uses for them. I may have to collect more.



I'm just a holy fool, oh baby it's so cruel.
Anywho, I promise that the next time I blather on and on about an outfit, it will be much more exciting. Or a little more exciting. Thanks for reading, my lovelies!



Z

No comments: